Tables appear many places in Catalyst, and they all have many features which overlap.
Here is a quick guide to how you best can search in and customize tables.
This guide will appear in every lesson where a table is involved, so you can easily refer to it when needed.
- New – Create a new entry in the table. May not be available depending on the table.
- Refresh – Refresh the table to update the data.
Clear filters – Clear any filters or sorting.
Restore Table – Return the table to the default view. Undoes resizing and only shows the default columns.
Advanced Menu – Shows a menu where you can. . .
- Clear all filters
- Export visible data as CSV – Exports the table with the current filters, sorting, and columns as a CSV file.
- Columns – Toggle the visibility of columns
Search by Text – Search by text in the column
Search by Category – Used for columns with a limited number of possible values. Will open a drop-down with all the options to search by.
Sort by – Opens a drop-down with the option to sort ascending/descending, remove sort, and hide column. The first three options may not be available depending on the column.
Right-Click – The right-click menu differs for each table, but common for all tables is the option to copy a value from the row.
- Resize any column by dragging the edge.